Selling with Integrity
First, we’re all in sales. Truly.
“Dad, can I borrow the car?” “Honey, could you pick up some milk on the way home?” “Junior, clean your room!”
Sales is basically influencing others to reach a decision you want them to make.
How you get them to that decision point is the key.
Do you operate by the Golden Rule?
Do unto others as you would have done unto you. And for many situations, that’s not a bad rule to follow. Don’t hurt someone because you wouldn’t want them to hurt you.
The rule we follow is the platinum rule: do unto others as they would want done unto them.
One of the tools we use in our business is a values-based personality assessment to help determine what others want done unto them.
(This is where the values piece comes in.)
It’s a quick, 90-second assessment (which makes it different from most other personality assessments right there) that determines someone’s values.
(If you want to skip to the chase and take the free 90-second assessment to find out what your values say about you, click here.)
Imagine… people communicate, act, connect, and relate… all based on their individual and unique value system.
From a sales perspective, that means a person makes buying decisions based on their personal values… and that is far different from someone else and their value system.
We’d like to introduce B.A.N.K.™ to you.
It’s a revolutionary, scientific system designed by Cheri Tree over 20 years ago in an attempt to figure out a science-based approach to increasing her sales and influence as a financial planner.
After having studied various personality typing programs intended to give her a better understanding of what makes people tick, Cheri realized that while interesting, none of the programs actually helped her make more money or close more sales. There was no way to determine what “type” her contacts were, not to mention how this affected their decision-making process.
The missing link was reverse engineering the concept of the four personality types in a way that specifically categorized people according to how they decide to say YES. This revolutionary breakthrough skyrocketed her income from $72,000 to over $500,000 in one year, and over $1,000,000 in 3 years (over a 1300% increase).
As a matter of fact, one of our clients, a well-known international coaching company, went from $90K in sales to $130K in sales in just 30 days after implementing our customized B.A.N.K. training.
While B.A.N.K.™ was originally created from that sales perspective, we’ve found it invaluable in almost every facet of business and life:
- Communication – Imagine understanding how people view the world, and being able to speak to them in their language. Miscommunication and even dysfunctional communication decreases, and productivity and effectiveness increases.
- Relationships – How many relationships could be improved, simply by recognizing how others operate and what’s important to them? What if being different was valued? In fact, it can make life and relationships richer?
- Recruiting and Hiring – A prospective employee will be more productive and be a better fit for the company culture if there’s a match between the person’s career/position and his or her personality. Basically, when we hire people who are the right fit, they perform well, and they love their work.
- Managing and Leading – An effective manager or leader is one who effectively brings people together to work toward a common goal. If that manager or leader understands the value system and internal language of each team member, meetings are more constructive, team effort is more effective, conflict goes down, and productivity goes up.
- Customer Service – It’s how you interact – at all times – with people your company comes into contact with. It’s how you provide service or products. It’s how you follow up with prospects. It’s how you treat people in general. And it’s how you solve problems that your customers have. You’ll serve and follow up with your customers more effectively when you understand how they operate and their particular form of currency (the medium of verbal or intellectual expression).
- Marketing and Advertising – When you understand your ideal client intimately, it’s much easier to market and advertise to that persona. Maybe your ideal client has a specific BANKCODE, and you need to write your collateral materials (website, presentation, emails, job listings, advertisements, etc.) to appeal to that code. And when you understand that we’re all some mixture of all four codes, you need to make sure that all four codes – all four languages – are represented.
- Teaching – Imagine the power of students understanding the value of their unique nature, as well as the uniqueness of others. If each “type” of person is valued, not one more so than another, then confidence, teamwork, effectiveness goes up, while bullying, lack of self-esteem, and conflict goes down.
- Employee Engagement – People truly are an organization’s greatest resource. People are the ones who solve problems, create solutions, make things happen. You might have a great product or service, but it’s the people who bring life to your company. If you value each and every one of them, AND connect with them through the way they see the world, they’re more likely to be more engaged, productive, and high-performing.